Compassionate Caregivers Serving Greater Houston Communities
What is better than winning Home Care Pulse’s “Best of Home Care – Leader in Excellence” award? We know – winning it three times in a row! A national webinar just announced the 2021 winners nationwide – and that includes us!
We are one of only three 2021 winners in Houston and the only repeat winner! Repeat? No! Three-peat! What does that mean? Home Care Pulse’s monthly telephone survey responses from clients and caregivers place Encore Caregivers in the top 10% of all in-home care agencies in the nation! We rock and it’s in large part because of the high quality of our caregivers and the excellent care they provide.
Clients and caregivers answer the surveys and we listen – making continual improvements to our offerings.
Did we say that before?
Congratulations to all of us and thank you, caregivers, for what you do!
And the landmark week continues…
Last Tuesday marked the day that 10% of our caregivers have taken the COVID-19 vaccine (even though supplies are so dreadfully low) and the day that my husband and I received the “booster” Moderna vaccine. We headed down to the Bayou City Event Center and we were in and out in a matter of a quick half hour.
Scanning the faces of those who helped us through the process, I saw no evidence of inept bureaucrats or misinformed/misguided underlings in a lumbering, inefficient effort. I saw kindness, customer service, professionalism, sense of purpose. I saw and experienced the City of Houston Health Department at its very best, serving the Houston community in a time of need.
So sorry, media outlets in general and social media outlets specifically – no sensational facts to relate here – just able public servants serving the public in a polished, practiced way. Kudos to them.
We are feeling more than a bit of relief and a chunk of civic pride.
We’re looking forward to a landmark week next week, too.
Are we getting spoiled?
Our “Encore” performance – back by popular demand:
Here are 11 things to consider as we get settled into 2021 after closing the door on one of the most challenging years of our lifetime:
- The dumbest thing I ever bought was a 2020 planner.
- I was so bored that I called Jake from State Farm just to talk to someone. He asked me what I was wearing.
- 2019: Stay away from negative people. 2020: Stay away from positive people.
- The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house and their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors.
- This morning, I saw a neighbor talking to her dog. It was obvious that she thought her dog understood her. I came into my house and told my cat. We laughed a lot!
- Every few days, try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
- Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands?
- This virus has done what no woman has been able to do: cancel sports, shut down all bars and keep men at home.
- I never thought the comment: “I wouldn’t touch him/her with a six-foot pole” would become national policy, but here we are.
- I need to practice social distancing from the refrigerator.
- Never in a million years could I have imagined that I would walk up to a bank teller wearing a mast and ask for money.
At Encore Caregivers, we count ourselves as blessed…
that Houston families have relied on us for more than 1.5 million hours over the past 11 years to take care of their loved ones, offering the best of care, security and peace of mind.
We are here for you and are so very grateful for the friends and families that you send our way. A large portion of our new clients come through the referrals of clients, past clients, and their friends and families. They mean so much to us.
Our solid reputation has been built on the high level of care that we offer. Please remember us for a family in need of care. You can refer with confidence.
Milton and Marilou Schopper