Good news is making a comeback. Let me count the ways:
- The county judge has moved us to Yellow Threat Level and Green is just around the corner (despite end-of-the-world theorists).
- My mask-ne (mask+acne) has almost cleared up.
- I am completely getting over the social stigma of being glared at when I don’t wear my mask in public (double vaccinated, thank you).
- I can hug again.
- My glasses don’t steam up (much) anymore.
- I can once again eat out. Yipee!
Now, if we could only travel safely. One of life’s blessings that I have missed has been travel. I love the long-weekend get-away, the work-week sneak-away – and of course – the out and out vacation. COVID-19 had put an end to all of that. Sad. Yes, I haven’t had a vacation since 2017 – wait, that was long before COVID-19 reared its ugly head.
Oh yeah, that’s right. I am a business owner. Vacations are few and far between. Okay, so one less thing to blame on COVID-19 – (remember when we hardly knew it – when it was brand-spanking new and we called it coronavirus? Seems like an eternity ago.)
I am sick of the mountains of protocols that we must follow in COVID-19, the tiresome complaints from the never-compliant and the limitless limits that this disease has placed upon us all.
It is time for a break. I mean a big break and it looks like it is just around the corner.
My eye is on Green – then it will be a true time to celebrate.
Stay safe and healthy,
Owner, Encore Caregivers