As you do your research in preparation to select just the right team of caregivers for your loved one, please take a moment to consider:
- Prior to the commencement of care, our nurse will schedule a time to meet with the client and family members to answer any questions they may have, and to conduct a no-obligation, no-charge, in-depth assessment of the client’s needs. When the decision for care is reached, the nurse, family, and client will jointly prepare a plan of care that is tailored to the needs of the client.
- Encore Caregivers staff members’ schedules are flexible, to accommodate our clients’ needs.
- Extensive pre-employment background checks are performed on our caregivers. Applicants must provide verifiable professional references that are meticulously verified.
- Clients and family members can reach Encore Caregivers’ care coordinators 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The same care coordinators working with families and caregivers during normal working hours take call evenings, weekends, and holidays. Whenever you call, the person on the other end of the phone has full, working knowledge of your loved one’s case.
- Our caregivers are Home Health Aides or Certified Nurse Aides (CNAs), not just sitters.
- Thorough verification of qualifications helps assure Encore Caregivers’ clients that their caregiver will be trustworthy, experienced, mature, and compassionate. From the first day that we began in licensed home care in Houston in 1996, we knew that the key to success in every case depends upon the good match of the caregiver’s personality and skills to the client’s needs.
- Caregiver activities are also supervised and monitored by a competent RN and support staff – spot checks and regular communication ensures the best quality of care.
Licensed by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
Encore Caregivers is a Home and Community Support Services Agency (as defined by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services – License Number 012553). We are certified to provide personal assistance services, including “hands-on” care. Encore Caregivers complies with state-mandated practices for client care, personnel hiring practices, personnel background investigation, record maintenance, and numerous other professional and ethical requirements.
“Hands-on” care in the home (i.e. touching the client in any manner) can only be performed by qualified personnel from a Home and Community Support Service Agency – typically a Licensed Home Health or Licensed Personal Assistance Service.
Note: Please be careful. Many firms disguise their services as companions, sitter, or staffing services to avoid the rigorous state licensing process and requirements.
Thoroughly Screened and Criminal Background Checked Caregivers
Encore Caregivers is confident that its caregivers are qualified, dependable, honest, and trustworthy. Our pre-employment process meets or exceeds the state-mandated criminal background investigation. Additionally, Encore Caregivers performs pre-employment drug screens, which are not required by state regulation. As a result of our stringent hiring practices, Encore Caregivers’ is able to bond our caregivers with a surety bond.
Customized Services to Meet Client’s Needs
A representative of Encore Caregivers will meet with the client and client’s family to assess needs and to develop an individualized plan of care unique to the client. Since Encore Caregivers is responsible only to the client and client’s family, you are our first and only priority.
Minimal Personnel Rotation
Encore Caregivers makes every effort to minimize personnel changes once the “right” client and caregiver match is achieved. Understandably, clients are most satisfied when they are able to enjoy continuity of care with their chosen caregiver.