Why Choose Encore Caregivers?
We make a positive, significant difference in your loved one’s quality of life.
As you do your research in preparation to select just the right team of caregivers for your loved one, please take a moment to consider:
- Prior to commencement of care, our nurse will schedule a time to meet with the client and family members to answer any questions they may have, and to conduct a no-obligation, no-charge, in-depth assessment of the client’s needs. When the decision for care is reached, the nurse, family and client will jointly prepare a plan of care that is tailored to the needs of the client.
- Encore Caregivers staff members’ schedules are flexible, to accommodate our clients’ needs.
- Extensive pre-employment background checks are performed on our caregivers. Applicants must provide verifiable personal and professional references which are meticulously verified.
- Clients and family members can reach Encore Caregivers’ care coordinators 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The same care coordinators working with families and caregivers during normal working hours take call evenings, weekends and holidays. Whenever you call, the person on the other end of the phone has a full, working knowledge of your loved one’s case.
- Our caregivers are Home Health Aides or Certified Nurse Aides (CNAs), not just sitters.
- Thorough verification of qualifications helps assure Encore Caregivers’ clients that their caregiver will be trustworthy, experienced, mature and compassionate. From the first day that we began in licensed homecare in Houston in 1996, we knew that the key to success in every case depends upon the good match of the caregiver’s personality and skills to the client’s needs.
- Caregiver activities are also supervised and monitored by a competent nursing and support staff – spot checks and regular communication ensures the best quality of care.
RN on Staff to Help
Caregivers reflect the values, qualifications, professionalism and experience of their leader. Caring for seniors and elders in a health related capacity is more than just providing caregivers. Encore Caregivers is unique in that the experience and training of an in-house nursing staff is available to define client needs, design an effective care plan, and communicate on specific issues with other healthcare professionals and the client’s family.
Licensed by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
Encore Caregivers is a Home and Community Support Services Agency (as defined by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services – License Number 012553). We are certified to provide personal assistance services, including “hands-on” care. Encore Caregivers complies with state mandated practices for client care, personnel hiring practices, personnel background investigation, record maintenance and numerous other professional and ethical requirements.
“Hands-on” care in the home (i.e. touching the client in any manner) can only be performed by qualified personnel from a Home and Community Support Service Agency – typically a Licensed Home Health or Licensed Personal Assistance Service.
Note: Please be careful. Many firms disguise their services as companion, sitter or staffing services to avoid the rigorous state licensing process and requirements.
Experienced Management and Proven Track Record
The founders of Encore Caregivers successfully operated home care agencies in the Houston, TX area for many years. They opened the doors of their first licensed home care agency in 1996. Whether it is the founders or we as partners, so many of us personally experienced or are experiencing the pleasures and challenges of caring for our parents during their years of special needs. It is not an accident that we have chosen to serve the elder and disabled community – it is all about caring for others. It’s personal.
Experienced Home Health Aides and CNAs Mean Continuity of Care
As a licensed agency, state regulations require that Encore Caregivers hires Home Health Aides or Certified Nurse Aides (CNAs), not just sitters. Encore Caregivers’ staff meets or exceeds state mandated experience and skill requirements. In addition to the pre-employment competency evaluation and work history verification for employees, regularly scheduled training is required.
Thoroughly Screened and Criminal Background Checked Caregivers
Encore Caregivers is confident that its caregivers are qualified, dependable, honest and trustworthy. Our pre-employment process meets or exceeds the state mandated criminal background investigation. Additionally, Encore Caregivers performs pre-employment drug screens, which are not required by state regulation. As a result of our stringent hiring practices, Encore Caregivers’ is able to bond our caregivers with a surety bond.
Customized Services to Meet Client’s Needs
A representative of Encore Caregivers will meet with the client and client’s family to assess needs and to develop an individualized plan of care unique to the client. Since Encore Caregivers is responsible only to the client and client’s family, you are our first and only priority.
Proper Matching of Client and Caregiver Personalities
A primary goal of the complimentary nursing assessment is to learn enough about the client, their unique situation and personality to successfully match them with a caregiver to whom they will relate and trust. While we would like to say this is always successful, there are rare instances where the “fit’ isn’t perfect. In this instance, one call from the client or family is all that is necessary to rectify the situation – either by counseling the caregiver or replacing them with someone more appealing to the client. This is done professionally and without undue stress to the client.
Competitive Rates with Maximum Protection for Clients from Liability
Rates for our services are directly related to the pay rate necessary to hire the most qualified caregivers. Encore Caregivers’ owners have personally committed to providing the highest quality service at the most competitive rates possible. Encore Caregivers’ staff members are employees – not independent contractors. What does that mean? Encore Caregivers pays required payroll taxes and carries workers’ compensation insurance and insurance in the event of work-related accidents. Clients are totally insulated from all risk.
Note: Please be careful – a client is exposed to many risk factors when employing personnel directly or using agencies that classify their personnel as independent contractors.
Minimal Personnel Rotation
Encore Caregivers makes every effort to minimize personnel changes once the “right” client and caregiver match is achieved. Understandably, clients are most satisfied when they are able to enjoy continuity of care with their chosen caregiver.